Scrum Model in Agile Development
The Scrum model is an important part of agile development.
Agile teams work in a collaborative manner for development and release. Team members work independently of the project and team and do not directly impact the project schedule.
1、The core value of agile development
The core value of Agile is the Agile Manifesto of the Agile organization.
- There should not be too much emphasis and reliance on process .
- It is important to deliver working versions that are available as early as possible.
- Collaboration is important in the work.
- The ability to adapt to change is important.
2、 The 3-3-4 principle of Scrum
- Product Owner – mainly refers to the project manager, of course, also includes some stakeholders
- Scrum Master – the project manager, generally selected from the project developers
- Developers–project developers
- Product Backlog – It is a collection of product to-do items. Indicates the processing of high priority items
- Sprint Backlog – It refers to a list of requirements for an iteration. During the iteration planning meeting, the team selects a number of product to-do items and then identifies the tasks that each person needs to complete.
- Burn Down Chart – A burn down chart a visual table. The burn-down diagram has a Y-axis (work) and an X-axis (time). Ideally, the graph is a downward curve that “burns out” to zero as the remaining work is completed.
- Sprint Planning Meeting – This is the iteration planning meeting. The Iteration Planning Meeting is held before the start of each iteration cycle to set the development goals for the current iteration cycle and the work that needs to be done.
- Daily Scrum Meeting – It is a short meeting held every morning. Daily stand-up meetings are typically only fifteen minutes long and the purpose of the meeting is to update the team.
- Srpint Review Meeting – Usually held at the end of a Sprint, typically to review incremental product deliverables and then go over the product to-do list as needed. The time limit for the review meeting is typically 4 hours.
- Sprint Retrospective Meeting – This is a wrap-up meeting (also called a “review meeting”). The purpose is to review what the team did well and what they did not do well in terms of processes, relationships, and tools, and to identify potential improvements and make plans for future improvements.
3、The advantages of the Scrum model
The Scrum model is a great approach to software development because it fits perfectly into the “baby steps” approach of Internet development. It allows customers to be the first to know about the functionality, performance or quality of the product.
Staff can autonomously assign all work to different people, which avoids problems such as irrationality and inefficiency caused by assigning a task to multiple people. It allows teams the flexibility to choose which approach suits them according to their characteristics. It ensures that team members have enough time to prepare new requirements, new features or fix problems that have already occurred.